1962 Porsche 356 Cabriolet - Low 54k Original Miles
Get it before it goes to BAT!
- 1962 356B/1600 Reutter Cabriolet 155915
- Production Date 11-17-1961
- Exterior Paint Code/ 6202
- Engine Type 616/1
- Displacement 1.6 Liter
- Transmission Type 741/A
- Interior Material Color/Code Grey Leather D
- Rare Convertible Hardtop
Survivor 356B Cabriolet is in Ruby Red and Grey leather interior as it was from the factory with documented 54,000 original miles. The most expensive trimmed 356 at the time, this 356 was originally purchased on April 26 th, 1962 in Chicago, IL for a purchase price of $4,377.32. It was in 1967 the owner sold his Cabriolet to his son in West Allis, WI until January 1973 to its third owner who was an avid car collector and enthusiast of various types. Stored since then in a temperature controlled garage with other collector vehicles. It was then sold to the present owner in 2018 where it underwent similar care and treatment and in the company of a Roadster and three Coupes; a hobbyist of these cars since the mid-70’s.
The transmission is original and unrestored to the car in fine operating condition, no noises or issues with shifting and reverse. The engine of from a 1964 356C, as the original motors location is unknown even after tracing efforts.
Various receipts from the 70’s and 80’s for various tune up’s and small parts done by local German auto shops in and around the Milwaukee area, it was in July of 1985 that this Cabriolet underwent a refreshed coat of paint. Done in the original Ruby Red Porsche color by Motor Car Body and Paint, known for high end car care and restoration is since out of business but receipts are present to illustrate, the quality of workmanship shows today in its present state. In 2014 a receipt show documented mileage of 51,840.
A partial list of work and receipts are:
- Engine removal to powder coat all metal parts to an original-like color scheme, engine compartment dressed.
- New chrome on bumpers and trim.
- Body seals replaced where missing or badly gone.
- Complete fuel flush and rebuild.
- Cabriolet top has been professionally restored by Autos International in Escondido, CA from the original frame with all new materials in black and a boot to attach when retracted.
- Blast and powder coated wheels (1961) with new tires.
- Many other small parts replaced or repaired in an effort to keep original.
Asking Price: $150,000, available with Ruby Red hardtop, 1961 T5.